Womble Bond Dickinson IP Partner Karthika Perumal will speak at the 2022 DRI Business Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation Super Conference. The event takes place March 21-23 in Houston, and is presented by DRI, the Voice of the Defense Bar. Perumal will speak on “IP Pitfalls in Joint Development Agreements”.
The 2022 DRI Business Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation Super Conference will welcome in-house counsel from NASA, the FBI, and Fortune 500 companies, as well as judges, and trial attorneys from across the country. In addition to Perumal’s presentation, other topics will include:
- The law of space from a NASA attorney and updates on commercialization of low Earth orbit;
- What are NFTs? What are the IP implications?;
- Tips from a pastor and an IP attorney on how to avoid copyright pitfalls when livestreaming events;
- The intersection of intellectual property law and race;
- The effect of the recent NCAA v. Alston ruling on your favorite college sports team/athletes; and
- The importance of building meaningful relationships in a diverse, global world.