Managing employee benefits can be one of the most legally complex and challenging aspects of running a business. Few areas of business are more heavily regulated by the federal government. So Womble Bond Dickinson offers a dedicated team of experienced employee benefits lawyers who tailor their services to meet the business needs of each client.
We help clients design, draft, implement and administer:
- Tax-Qualified Retirement Plans, including 401(k) programs and collectively bargained pensions;
- Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Arrangements. The Group both prepares deferred compensation documents and reviews documents prepared by other professionals;
- Welfare Benefit Plans, such as employee health insurance, life and disability insurance plans, HIPAA privacy compliance programs, severance pay and retiree medical accounts;
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) . The Group assists clients in deciding if an ESOP is right for them and can design and implement ESOP plans to meet each client’s individual needs; and
- Cash and Equity-Based Compensation Arrangements, including stock option plans, incentive bonuses and executive compensation.
In addition, we conduct compliance reviews or internal audits of retirement and welfare benefit plan and represent clients in Internal Revenue Service or the Department of Labor inquiries.