Tom advises on a broad range of finance transactions, principally acting for institutional lenders and corporate borrowers, having completed his training contract with the firm before qualifying with the firm in 2008 into the corporate finance, banking and restructuring and insolvency teams.
Tom acts for lenders and borrowers in real estate investment and development finance transactions. Tom also acts for lenders and developers on renewables finance projects, including onshore wind farms and waste to energy projects.
In addition, Tom also advised lenders and borrowers on security and intercreditor issues and advisers private investors on security and funding arrangements
Tom's clients include Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc, HSBC Bank plc, Hilco Capital, Ashfield Land and the Eagle One group.
- Acting for St Monica's Trust on the financing of the development of the former Cadbury's Building, Keynsham
- Acting for the borrower on an aggregate £38,000,000 term loan refinance facility and revolving credit acquisition facility made available by Lloyds Bank plc
- Acting for Hilco Capital on its acquisition of the UK business and assets of Staples
- Acting for the borrower on a £12,000,000 revolving credit development facility made available by Barclays Bank plc
- A multi-jurisdictional borrower group on the restructuring of its existing term loan and working capital facilities with Bank of Scotland plc and a new asset finance facility offered by PNC Business Credit
- Acting for Lloyds Bank plc on a series of offshore real estate term loan facilities
- Acting for HSBC Bank plc on various working capital, real estate development and investment transactions
- Acting for HSBC Bank plc on the restructuring of legacy group facilities and perfection of new security.