Shari means business – her client’s business. Her clients value her focus on their specific needs in deal structuring, and her creative solutions to complex financial arrangements. With more than 20 years of transactional finance experience, Shari’s detail oriented, responsive and "get it done" approach has earned her the trust of her clients. She appreciates and understands her client’s business goals and provides succinct legal guidance to reach them.
Shari has broad based experience documenting and negotiating personal property commercial finance transactions. She represents lenders and lessors in all aspects of equipment finance transactions with an emphasis on transportation assets including aircraft (corporate and commercial), rail equipment, locomotives and railcars, vessels (barges and tankers), and specialty assets.
Shari also has significant experience with financing energy generators, storage tanks, computer hardware, mining equipment, trucks, and manufacturing and construction equipment.
Shari counsels clients on the acquisition and disposition of sizeable loan and lease portfolios. Shari previously practiced at international law firms in New York and represented commercial finance companies, hedge funds, private equity firms and public and private companies in a wide range of industries.
An avid mountain biker, yogini and former Division I athlete, Shari supports community-based organizations that promote healthy living.
Editor for Miguel Correia, Taxation of Corporate Groups, Series on International Taxation, Volume 43, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Civic and Professional Activities
- Member, Greater Baltimore Committee’s Business Coalition for Baltimore Bicycling Project Work Group
- Founding member, Executive Board of The Baltimore Orchard Project
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Section of Young Lawyers
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented lender in a $135 million lease financing of over 800 tank cars to a US subsidiary of a multinational oil and gas company.
- Represented lender in an $85 million loan to a provider of innovative information technology services and solutions, secured by computer hardware and revenue from a supply and services agreement with a leading multinational technology company.
- Represented lender in a $30 million back-to-back loan aircraft financing.
- Represented lenders in a $30 million loan financing of an energy generator and storage tank in Arkansas for a manufacturer of chemical products for the agricultural, mining and industrial sectors.
- Represented lead investor in a $40 million sale-leaseback investment tax credit project financing of a poultry litter biomass to waste energy system in North Carolina for a large scale chicken farmer.