Mark Vaders provides cost-effective scientific and legal solutions to clients whose branded products are regulated by the FDA and state agencies. He has assisted in drafting many submissions to FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products, and serves as an in-house resource on vapor product science. His practice also focuses on developing legal- and science-based defenses to product liability lawsuits. Mark has provided counsel to RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company, RJ Reynolds Vapor Company, a leading national supplier of scientific and medical equipment, a global reinsurance provider, and other clients.
Before his law practice, Mark worked in the genomics services industry supporting global clinical trials. Years of working in a GLP and GMP environment give him a client’s perspective on sitting across the table from regulatory auditors.
Mark is passionate about serving his community, maintaining an active pro-bono practice and a strong commitment to the arts. He serves on the board of the Piedmont Wind Symphony, assists local non-profit organizations, and is accredited by the US Department of Veterans Affairs to prosecute veterans’ benefits claims.
- Jilted, Biosethikos (Spring 2013).
- Cranial suture complexity in white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus). J Morphol 267(7):841-9 (July 2006). Co-authored with CW Nicolay
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Drafted science-based comments on multiple proposed rulemaking efforts by federal agencies, including FDA.
- Provided legal and scientific counsel in defense of alleged violations of California’s Proposition 65.
- Advised clients on compliance with Medical Device Reporting (MDR) requirements.
- Identified and developed scientific experts in areas such as environmental toxicology, risk assessment and epidemiology to support client interactions with FDA.