Marcantonio Barnes has dedicated his business and legal career to developing a thorough and practical understanding of the underlying business issues behind the transactions that he supports. He is driven by a genuine curiosity about business and people and actively listens, learns, and provides timely advice to execute his client’s business strategies.
Marco’s corporate transactional work commonly involves the acquisition and sale of things – whether it is a company, product, or service. Throughout his career, he has established himself as a strategic resource for enterprise value-creation and savings through mergers and acquisitions, technology transactions involving commercial and federal contracts, as well as complex hardware, software, and professional service procurements.
The diversity and success of Marco’s work in these matters reflect his passion for working with clients to ensure that shared values with respect to diversity and inclusion are reflected throughout the course of the representation.
Prior to practicing law, Marco was an executive at a large technology firm, as well as at a multinational corporation, where he led several domestic and international business initiatives, including an audit and evaluation of credit lending facilities for the Ministry of Finance in Cairo, Egypt.
Marco has held public services positions with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Chief Counsel’s Office of the U.S. House Oversight Committee, and the Fairfax County Small Business Commission.
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA Diversity & Inclusion Awards, Minority Lawyer of the Year Award, 2019
- Co-Presenter, “Impact of Data Loss and Security Risks in M&A Transactions,” August 5, 2021
- Co-Presenter, “Administrative Developments and Guidance for Accessing Small Business Stimulus Dollars,” April 9, 2020
- Co-Presenter, “Accessing Small Business Stimulus Dollars Under the CARES Act,” April 2, 2020
- Co-Author, “Federal Disaster Loan Assistance Program for Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19,” March 20, 2020