Jake is an intellectual property (IP) attorney focused on dispute resolution and helping clients protect and defend their IP assets. Jake assists clients with IP disputes in federal courts, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and in private arbitrations. His experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications, as well as counseling clients on trademark, copyright, and trade secret matters, provides a deep knowledge of what it takes to successfully procure and protect what may be a business’s most valuable assets—their intellectual property.
Jake represents a variety of industries that span diverse technologies, especially the home furnishings/furniture, software, apparel, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and snack food industries. Jake is part of the firm’s team dedicated to the home furnishings industry and has assisted clients in that sector, and others, with IP strategies, defense, and protection.
Jake served as an adjunct professor at Wake Forest University, frequently assists with law clinic issues, and has given multiple presentations on subjects ranging from design patents to Supreme Court rulings affecting trademark protection strategies.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Successfully defeated a motion for preliminary injunction in a trademark dispute for regional banks.
- Successfully obtained a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction for a major food producer in a trademark and breach of contract case.
- Successfully obtain summary judgment of laches in a patent infringement case.
- Successfully argued an appeal before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Successfully obtained a trial victory in a Trademark Trial and Appeal Board opposition proceeding.