Dorinda is a versatile, resourceful transactions lawyer providing guidance and support to clients as their businesses change and grow. Her keen ability to manage myriad details while remaining focused on the critical path makes her counsel invaluable. She helps her clients navigate a complex web of commercial arrangements and brings clarity to complex issues and practical solutions to intractable problems.
With over 20 years of experience representing clients in industries including food and beverage, consumer goods, education, and manufacturing, Dorinda helps clients achieve their goals with patience, persistence and insight. She is involved in all aspects of the operations and life cycle of companies, from procurement, manufacturing and product development agreements to distribution, sales and licensing contracts, and from financing arrangements to spur growth to business purchases and sales.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Habitat for Humanity of Wake County, Family Selection Committee Member, Board of Directors
- Arts Together, Inc., Board of Directors
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Section, Young Lawyers Division Minority History Committee (Past Member)
- Wake County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings) in the fields of Corporate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2015 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Acquisition counsel to a vertically integrated manufacturer and distributor of turkey products in its acquisition of another well-known turkey brand and business, creating the largest producer of turkey in the United States, and of a subsequent further processing plant in North Carolina.
- Represented manufacturer and distributor of organic rice and rice products in developing standard terms and conditions of sale, standard terms and conditions of purchase, broker agreements, as well as a variety of contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Represent manufacturer and marketer of branded basic apparel products in development, license and sales agreements with international distributors in the UAE, Russia, Nigeria, France, Germany, and Mexico, among others, with national retailers and with online marketplaces.
- Represented manufacturer of outdoor power tools in procuring custom manufacturing equipment from multiple suppliers for installation and operation of new manufacturing lines in the US and Northern Europe.
- Represented both charter school boards and charter school management companies in a variety of contract and governance matters.
- Represent private colleges in negotiating a variety of contracts for outside vendor services.