Transport, Logistics and Infrastructure
Our transport, logistics and infrastructure team has broad industry knowledge and decades of experience.
With our extensive knowledge of this sector, the team creatively and efficiently solves problems in order to support our clients in both the US and UK. We simplify issues and respond with clear advice, whether we are providing insight into a major infrastructure investment or standing by your side during commercial litigation.
We work with public and private passenger service providers (rail, bus, and air), freight operators, infrastructure providers/managers (including ports and airports), government bodies and members of the supply chain (including train, aircraft, and ship manufacturers and maintainers).
Our services include:
- Rail franchising and concession arrangements
- Major infrastructure and development projects, including stations, strategic freight interchanges and depots and consents for new rail infrastructure
- Major infrastructure and development projects for air and sea terminal construction
- Rolling stock procurement, leasing and maintenance
- Public finance and bond issuance (tax exempt and taxable)
- Compulsory purchase, including development consent orders and compensation
- Asset purchases
- Charter Parties, intermodal transportation contracts and supply chain agreements
- Emergency response and representation regarding claims arising from transportation casualties, including shipboard, pierside, and over-the-road personal injuries and death, pollution incidents, collisions, and cargo loss
- Jones Act and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulatory compliance
- Marine finance transactions
- Maritime and trucking products liability and warranty dispute resolution
- White Collar criminal representation and counsel associated with internal investigations, enforcement actions, grand jury subpoenas and governmental investigations
- Advising clients regarding first-party cargo insurance
- Advising clients on public-private partnerships
- Facilitating letter of credit transactions in international sale of goods, and advising clients with respect to form of documents
- Managing big data, smart technology, contactless payments, ecommerce and driverless cars; smart grids, mobile ticketing, e-medical devices and networking
- Infrastructure and development projects