Matt is an associate in the Capital Markets practice group. His practice currently focuses on construction contract drafting and negotiation as well as commercial real estate transactions.
He has a unique background that spans a wide variety of practice areas. This background includes experience handling complex commercial civil litigation including construction cases, asbestos litigation, insurance defense, and many other types of litigated matters. He has experience handling economic development matters where he has assisted domestic and international companies seeking to expand or relocate operations in the Carolinas and the Southeastern United States. He has also represented numerous clients in white collar criminal cases and advised corporate and individual clients in pre-litigated commercial, real estate, and criminal matters.
Matt also seconded to a large financial institution where he worked with the small business banking section in analyzing the CARES Act and other federal regulations to administer SBA loans as part of the Paycheck Protection Program.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Leadership Education and Development Program graduate
- Big Brother with Big Brothers, Big Sisters of South Carolina
- Make a Wish Committee Chair for the SC Young Lawyers Division
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Corporate Law, 2023
- Recognized in Charleston Business Magazine's Legal Elite, Commercial Real Estate, 2023
- Recognized in South Carolina Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (Thomson Reuters), 2021-2023
- S.C. Supreme Court Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2019
“Water ‘Law-gged:’ The Muddy Relationship Between Water Law, the Environment, and Economic Development,” Introduction, 66 S.C. L Rev. 577 (2015)