Kimberly is a transactional attorney who thrives on helping clients meet their business goals. Clients rely on her guidance through corporate, finance and commercial real estate transactions, and a variety of contract matters, including insurance and license agreements. Her diverse experience enables her to counsel clients on a variety of issues and to think creatively to solve challenges.
Kimberly’s commercial real estate practice includes acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and development projects serving a variety of industries, including large-scale developers, agriculture investment managers and educational institutions. She regularly represents a national home builder in acquiring land for new development projects.
She also has a focus on the energy sector, and has represented clients with commercial agreements related to electric vehicle technology, gas pipelines and fiber optic cable operations.
From 2017 to early 2021, Kimberly served as general counsel for an insurance technology company, gaining a broad range of experience in venture capital and private equity fundraising, commercial contracts and license agreements. She also has experience with insurance regulatory matters and general corporate governance. Kimberly helped grow the company from a pre-product stage to a post-Series A, revenue generating stage.
Prior to attending law school, Kimberly worked as a human resources manager for a technology company.
Kimberly’s business acumen and legal experience give her a well-rounded perspective for a variety of corporate deals.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a commercial real estate developer with the acquisition of multiple sites in Virginia, including title, survey and environmental analysis.
- Represented a biotechnology company in connection with a strategic equity investment and multi-year commercial services agreement.
- Advised a technology company in the negotiation of multiple commercial license agreements and a variety of corporate matters as the company expanded within the US.
- Represented a start-up company in general contract review, venture capital fundraising and other general corporate matters.
- Represented a petroleum company in the expansion of a gas pipeline.
- Served as local North Carolina counsel on a $165 million loan to an international retailer secured by multiple properties.
- Represented a hospitality client with multi-use condominium projects, including formation and registration of the condominium and management entities and negotiation of financing documents.
- Represented a family-owned construction company in a financing transaction involving multiple properties.
- Worked on a team representing a national retailer in connection with the acquisition, ground leasing and development of retail sites.
Professional and Civic Activities
- North Carolina State Bar Association, Real Property and Business Law Sections
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- North Carolina State University Park Scholar Selection Committee
- Co-Author, “Silence is Golden in Whiskey Creek: N.C. Planned Community Act Grants HOAs Broad Powers to Use Member Funds,” North Carolina Bar Association Real Property Section Newsletter, September 2012
- Author, “It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere: Telecommuters and the Difficulty of Tracking Hours Worked,” Womble Carlyle Fair Labor Standards Act Law Blog, August 4, 2011
- Author, Should Furniture Become Fashion-Forward? Applying Fashion’s Copyright Proposals to the Furniture Industry, 11 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 269, 2011
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Real Estate Law, 2023 - Present