Julia Kreyskop is a partner in the Real Estate Development Practice Group and co-chair of the firm’s leasing subgroup. Julia works with clients in many different industries: real estate development, retail, government contracting, technology, financial services and many others. She has extensive experience in handling real estate sales and acquisitions of large and small commercial properties, and counsels clients with respect to joint ventures and financing transactions which accompany property purchases. Julia’s experience also encompasses other aspects of property acquisitions on the development front, such as formation of community associations, and drafting and negotiation of conditions, covenants, restrictions and easements.
Julia has a vast amount of experience with all aspects of commercial leasing from both the tenant and landlord side. Her experience encompasses hundreds of leasing transactions in the retail, office and industrial space, and includes all leasing-related legal activity, such as negotiation of ground leases, subleases, estoppels, subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements (SNDAs), licenses, assignments, guaranties and early terminations.
Julia often serves as the real estate lead on major corporate transactions, including mergers and stock or asset purchases. Julia often handles assignments and assumptions as part of company acquisitions and is experienced in working with landlords to obtain approval of assignments and any necessary amendments.
Julia also handles many other real-estate related legal issues, such as title, mechanic’s liens, deeds of trust, property recordation/transfer tax nuances, disputes and others.
Honors and Awards
- Chambers USA Ranked Lawyer, Real Estate, Virginia – Northern (2018, 2023-Present)
- Panelist, The Effect of COVID-19 on Commercial Real Estate, CFO Leadership Council, April 2020
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Handling the majority of leasing transactions for several national and international retail restaurant companies.
- Handling all office leasing negotiations for many firm clients, including those that are publicly traded.
- Dispositions and acquisitions of commercial real property, including negotiation of related financing transactions and joint venture formation.
- Formation of associations and drafting of covenants, conditions and restrictions (CCRs) for shopping centers and mixed use developments.
- Leading the real estate portion of any M&A transaction, including the acquisition of many leaseholds and termination of leases. Julia’s experience includes acquisitions involving the assignment of many dozens of leases in a single acquisition.