Howard focuses his practice on the electronic transaction industry and regularly advises emerging businesses, private equity firms, and venture capital investors. For over two decades, he has represented public and private payments companies in significant industry transactions ranging from US $100 million to over US $1 billion.
Howard’s experience in the payments industry broadly encompasses mergers and acquisitions, deal structuring, operations and compliance. He also provides strategic guidance and counsel to FinTech companies and next generation artificial intelligence initiatives in an array of industries, ranging from financial services, government, healthcare, music/creative rights and travel. While based in Nashville, his practice is national in scope, and he has been engaged in significant matters abroad.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- Electronic Transaction Association, Industry Relations Committee, Former Member
- Tennessee State Museum Foundation, Member and Former Chairman
- Tennessee Executive Residence Foundation, Founding Member and Treasurer
- Tennessee Arts Commission, Former Chairman
- Tennessee State Capitol Commission, Former Member
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Financial Services Regulation Law, 2021-Present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rated
- Nashville Business Journal, CIO Award, 2015