Madeline, a Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology, utilizes her scientific background to bring clarity to technical subjects central to many types of litigation. She supports counsel in analyzing scientific publications, identifying relevant scientific themes, and developing strategies to best defend their cases. She has consulted with attorneys from varying civil practices, including mass torts, product liability, employment, banking and finance, and medical malpractice to assist in preparing expert witnesses, identifying and developing the most convincing themes, and establishing the best order of the evidence given the context of the case.
Before becoming a litigation consultant, Madeline worked in the fields of market research, software usability design and testing, and assessment and evaluation of occupational health and safety training programs. She has a strong background in experimental design and methodology with experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- For 27 consecutive years, Madeline has equipped trial teams in personal injury/wrongful death litigation with scientific and medical resources, assisted in the formulation of scientific defense strategies, and developed cross-examination materials for use with numerous expert witnesses at depositions, evidentiary hearings, and trials.
- Identifying, developing, and consulting with expert witnesses in the fields of psychiatry, psychology, and pharmacology, both nationally and internationally, on the subject matters of addiction, mental health claims, capacity, and behavior change.
- Analyzing behavioral research studies, interpreting data, and writing reports on various scientific topics in support of both litigation and regulatory needs.
- Assists with identifying mental health experts for a healthcare company involved in multidistrict litigation regarding failure to warn claims related to one of its products.
- Assisted counsel involved in multi-district pharmaceutical litigation in researching claims related to neurotoxicity and consulted with expert witnesses to testify on psychiatric issues related to the use of diet drugs.