This webinar took place on May 1, 2020.
Description: What is the current status of businesses reopening in your state? If you are a business that is permitted to reopen, what are the general considerations you should make before deciding whether to do so? If your state return to work order includes liability protection, will it really protect you? How far will the protection extend?
This presentation covered these questions, as well as other topics, including:
- What are the main areas of liability that companies are facing when returning to work?
- What type of claims could a business face without liability protection?
- What litigation have we seen related to COVID-19?
- What theories of liability could be alleged?
- Sara Tucker, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Greg Horton, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Mark Henriques, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
Click here to download the Womble Bond Dickinson Return to Work Resource Guide, which offers practical advice on trends, challenges, and best practices, based on four recent webinars featuring our attorneys and outside professionals.
In case you missed it, additional installments in our Return to Work Webinar Series can be accessed by clicking the links below:
- Part II: Environmental Safety Considerations
- Part III: Employment Considerations
- Business Interruption Coverage, OSHA Issues & Workers’ Compensation Issues in the COVID-19 Era
To help navigate the COVID crisis, we are sharing actionable content on our COVID-19 Resource Hub: Navigating the Legal Challenges of COVID-19. This is the best place to find fresh perspectives and insights from Womble Bond Dickinson (US) attorneys on a real time basis.
For information on state-level business closure and reopening orders, please click here.