Greg has been involved in litigation (including class actions and mass actions) involving a wide variety of products including electronic component parts, food products, jet skis, automobile tires, escalators, elevators, water heaters, construction products, boats and toxic substances. Many of these cases have involved death or severe injury, including deaths and severe injuries to children.
Greg has defended product manufacturers, general contractors and subcontractors in a wide variety of complex litigation, including class actions and mass actions. He has significant experience in claims involving water intrusion, mold (including personal injury claims) and structural failure and has defended product manufacturers of a variety of construction products including exterior cladding systems, roofing systems, windows, doors, structural steel and lumber.
Greg advises and defends a wide variety of clients, including some of the areas’ largest employers, in matters relating to employment discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, governmental investigations, trade secrets, restrictive covenants and wage and hour violations. He also litigated one of our state’s most complex and significant trade secrets cases where an alleged theft of trade secrets by an employee allegedly affected competitors in a multi-billion dollar industry. Greg is the former Chair of the Labor and Employment Law section of the South Carolina Bar.
Civic and Professional Activities
- Bar Associations:
- South Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Deacon and Sunday School Teacher, Mount Pleasant Presbyterian Church
- Board of Directors, Lowcountry Food Bank
- Board of Directors, Palmetto Christian Academy
Honors and Awards
- Named the Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation: Labor & Employment - Charleston (2023)
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Product Liability Litigation: Defendants (2013 - Present); Litigation: Labor & Employment (2016 - Present); Litigation: Construction (2017 - Present); Commercial Litigation and Construction Law (2018 - Present)
- Recognized in South Carolina Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) (2011-2012, 2015-2023)
- Recognized in Charleston Business Magazine's Legal Elite, Labor & Employment, Business Litigation, Product Liability (2021 - Present)
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented companies in civil litigation (including class actions and mass actions).
- Represented governmental investigations involving a variety of financial products including mortgage backed securities, life insurance policies, and annuities.
- Litigated claims involving fraud, unfair trade practices, negligent advising and bad faith by company agents, officers and brokers.
- Defended a consumer services company against several nation-wide class actions and a multi-state attorney general investigation.