A principal purpose of Womble Bond Dickinson’s Summer Associate Program is to involve students in various aspects of the firm’s legal practice, particularly clients’ matters. Summer Associates receive feedback on work assignments and are encouraged to participate in hands-on learning opportunities such as attending trials, motions, mediations, depositions, will executions, and client conferences.
- In addition to considering academic achievement, the firm looks for students with the ability, motivation, and personal qualities to provide consistently high-quality legal services to our clients and to contribute in a positive way to the culture of the firm.
- Womble Bond Dickinson’s offices make Summer Associate hiring decisions independently. Summer Associate candidates are asked to specify their office(s) of interest and practice area(s) of interest during the application process.
- 2L Summer Associates are required to work at Womble Bond Dickinson for at least eight weeks, and 1L Summer Associates are required to work at Womble Bond Dickinson for ten weeks.
Apply to the Womble Summer Associate Program here.
At Womble Bond Dickinson, we believe in a work environment where all are welcome.
Since its establishment in 2004, the Womble Scholars Program has awarded more than $900,000 to scholarship recipients. This program is designed to increase the participation of underrepresented groups in the bar and at Womble Bond Dickinson. Each year, Womble Bond Dickinson will award scholarships to up to two diverse members of the Summer Associate class who present solid academic credentials, personal or professional achievement outside the school environment, and a record of community service.
- The scholarship is open to diverse, second-year law students who receive a position in the Womble Bond Dickinson Summer Associate Program.
- Scholarship recipients are awarded up to $40,000 over the course of their participation in the Program, with $30,000 payable over the recipient’s law school career and an additional $10,000 payable upon joining Womble Bond Dickinson as an Entry-Level Associate. Scholarship recipients will also receive the standard Summer Associate salary for the Womble Bond Dickinson office where they are located.
- Scholarship recipients are required to work at Womble Bond Dickinson as a Summer Associate for at least eight weeks. Scholarship recipients who split the summer with another firm will be required to spend the first eight weeks with Womble Bond Dickinson.
To be considered for Womble Scholars, email Naima Bacquilod to express interest with your resume, law school transcript and impact statement by May 1, 2021.