Summer Associates at Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP enjoy a diverse mix of meaningful work selected from a pool of projects and social activities that will introduce students to our lawyers, our staff, and the cities in which we live and work.
In addition to considering academic achievement, the firm looks for students with the ability, motivation, and personal qualities to provide consistently high-quality legal services to our clients and to contribute in a positive way to the culture of the firm.
A principal purpose of our Summer Associate Program is to involve students in various aspects of the firm’s legal practice, particularly clients’ matters. Summer Associates do the same type of work as Associates. Summer Associates receive feedback on work assignments and are encouraged to participate in hands-on learning opportunities such as attending trials, motions, mediations, depositions, will executions, and a variety of client conferences.
Summer Associate Program Details:
- Womble Bond Dickinson’s offices make Summer Associate hiring decisions independently, and Summer Associate candidates are asked to specify their office(s) of interest during the application process.
- In most offices, Summer Associates are hired into a Department (Litigation, Transactions, or IP). Generally, Summer Associates will have the opportunity to select assignments from multiple practice groups.
- 2L Summer Associates are required to work at Womble Bond Dickinson for at least eight weeks, and 1L Summer Associates are required to work at Womble Bond Dickinson for ten weeks.
Apply to the Womble Summer Associate Program here.
Diverse candidates are also encouraged to apply to the Womble Scholars Program.
At Womble Bond Dickinson, we believe in a work environment where all are welcome.
Since its establishment in 2004, the Womble Scholars Program has awarded more than $600,000 to scholarship recipients. This program is designed to increase the participation of underrepresented groups in the bar and at Womble Bond Dickinson. Each year, Womble Bond Dickinson will award scholarships to up to two diverse members of the Summer Associate class who present solid academic credentials, personal or professional achievement outside the school environment, and a record of community service.
Womble Scholars Program Details:
- The scholarship is open to diverse, second-year law students who apply to the Womble Bond Dickinson Summer Associate Program.
- The scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $30,000, payable over two years as follows: $15,000 in the scholarship recipient’s second year of law school and $15,000 in the scholarship recipient’s third year of law school. Womble Bond Dickinson anticipates that the scholarship will be taxable to the recipient.
- The scholarship recipient will be required to work at Womble Bond Dickinson as a Summer Associate for eight weeks during the summer after the student’s second year of law school. Scholarship recipients who split the summer with another firm will be required to spend the first eight weeks with Womble Bond Dickinson. The scholarship recipient will also receive the standard Summer Associate salary for the Womble Bond Dickinson office where they are located.
- A $10,000 signing bonus will be given to any scholarship recipient who receives an offer of full-time employment as an associate after participation in the Summer Associate Program. The signing bonus will be payable with the first paycheck after the commencement of full-time employment as an associate.
To apply for the Womble Scholars Program, candidates must express interest to the Summer Associate Program Recruiting Team contact no later than September 13, 2019. Candidates must also apply to the Womble Summer Associate Program here.