Toby specialises in a broad range of transactional banking and finance work acting for lenders, borrowers and commercial clients.
He has worked on real estate finance, development and investment finance for multiple clearing banks as well as more specialist lenders, often involving overseas structures and counterparties. He has recently done extensive work for a Swiss bank on various lending transactions, primarily secured against prime real estate in London.
Toby also provides banking support on Corporate transactions, including amongst other things, advising PE clients on the debt elements of their investments and negotiating intercreditor agreements with other funders, as well as inputting on due diligence and agreeing security release documentation.
Examples of experience include advising:
- A prominent US hedge fund/private investment firm on the disposal of multiple distressed real estate loan and security assets with book values ranging from £5–60 million
- A private Swiss bank on multiple investment and real estate finance transactions with debt values ranging from £5-£90 million often involving overseas corporate structures
- Piper Private Equity on the debt elements of their investments into various restaurant and retail sector businesses, including intercreditor arrangements with senior funders
- A national transport group on a £30 million revolving facility agreement for acquisition and expansion purposes
- An executive public body on the provision of £30 million of funding to a consortium of developers for a development project in the South-West.