Sarah focuses her practice on a broad range of general corporate matters, including, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions, corporate governance, early stage corporate formation and federal securities law compliance. She counsels both public and private companies and advises companies and their boards on fiduciary duty matters, commercial contracts and a broad array of day-to-day corporate matters.
In particular, Sarah has considerable experience advising public companies in connection with capital markets transactions, including offerings of both debt and equity. Sarah’s securities-related experience includes ’34 Act reporting work and ’33 Act registration statements for capital-raising transactions. She has represented public companies, as well as passive and activist investors, on issues such as beneficial ownership reporting, fiduciary duties, SEC disclosure, annual meeting and proxy-related matters, and the rules and regulations of the SEC.
- American Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- “Frequently Asked Questions: Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness”, National Law Review, May 2020
- “SBA Releases Updated Necessity Certification Guidance - Threshold for Reviewing PPP Loans Set at $2 Million”, National Law Review, May 2020
- “Department of Commerce Announces State Allocations of CARES Act Assistance for Coastal and Marine Fishery Participants”, National Law Review, May 2020
- “PPP Safe Harbor Extended to May 14”, National Law Review, May 2020
- "Update to Main Street Lending Program Federal Reserve Announces Revised Terms & FAQs", National Law Review, May 2020
- “The Price of PPP – Guidance for Management & Boards on Mitigating PPP Risk”, National Law Review, May 2020
- "New CARES Act Funding Approved, Including Additional $310 Billion for Paycheck Protection Program; Increased Scrutiny Expected", National Law Review, April 2020
- “$600 Billion Main Street Loan Program - Additional Support to Private Businesses”, National Law Review, April 2020
- “April 7, 2020 – Further Update on Paycheck Protection Program (the “PPP”) under the CARES Act”, National Law Review, April 2020
- "Latest Guidance on Paycheck Protection Loan Program under the CARES Act", National Law Review, April 2020
- "Update: Overview of the CARES Act’s Paycheck Protection Loan Program; Guidance for Private Equity and Venture Capital-Backed Companies", National Law Review, April 2020
- "Overview of the CARES Act's Paycheck Protection Loan Program", National Law Review, March 2020
Honors and Awards
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings) in the field of Corporate Law, 2021 - Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented private company engaged in insurance technology business in asset sale to a strategic buyer.
- Advised public company selling stock of its subsidiary to a strategic buyer.
- Assisted private limited liability company in purchasing a seafood processing and distribution company.
- Represented private medical device company in cross-border reverse merger with a larger medical device manufacturer and distributor.
- Advised private marketing company with sale to strategic buyer.
- Counseled American Railcar Industries, Inc., a railcar manufacturer, in various matters, including SEC reporting and a $625 million secured private offering of debt securities.
- Advised a public company in the transportation and logistics space with regular SEC reporting and delisting process.
- Advised a public company in the construction sector with regular SEC reporting, contested election of directors and proxy battle, and delisting process after sale of its business.
- Assisted medical device public company with bond redemption.
- Counseled an activist investor in a proxy battle to elect a new slate of directors in a public company.
- Advised pharmaceutical company in sale of secured debt to investment management firm.
- Assisted private equipment leasing company with more than $500 million in secured financings.
- Represented multiple emerging growth companies in early stage corporate matters and venture financing transactions.