What makes Marian Bowers such a reliable problem solver and trusted attorney is her ability to understand the deal from all sides. She has represented clients on both sides of the table in her practice areas of finance and commercial real estate, giving her a valuable edge in negotiations and issues spotting. These talents are particularly important when working through lending and commercial leasing transactions where Marian works to foster positive relationships between the parties during the structuring and documentation process.
Marian’s financing work has her interfacing with both borrowers and lenders, including national and regional financial institutions, to insure the proper structure and documentation of secured and unsecured loans. This includes construction and commercial mortgage loan originations as well as debt restructuring and loan workouts.
In real estate sales and acquisition deals, Marian works with her clients to negotiate agreements and remains by her clients’ sides as they navigate through due diligence as well as helping them to identify and assess risks associated with the sale or acquisition. Marian’s commercial leasing experience encompasses all facets of legal issues such as negotiation of ground leases, subleases, estoppels, subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements (SNDAs), assignments, guaranties and early terminations.
Member, Junior League of Greenville
Honors and Awards
- Recognized as "Legal Elite," Greenville Business Magazine
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Routinely represent lenders in connection with the financing of various types of commercial property including hotels, retail and multifamily.
- Represented an independent federal agency who worked with small business exports that needed pre-shipment working capital to expand export sales.
- Routinely represents a national homebuilder in the negotiation and acquisition of land from developers.
- Represented landlord in the negation of a lease for the development of an office campus for a Fortune 500 company. The lease resulted in the sale of the property for the financial benefit of the client.