Lorna has 25 years’ experience in the legal field having previously specialised in criminal litigation and debt recovery.
She joined the firm in 2006, undertaking investigative work on behalf of the Insolvency Service, an executive agency of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills, into the conduct of the directors of insolvent companies under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986.
Lorna now primarily represents a large national company acting on behalf of Highways England, in relation to third party subrogated property damage claims, advising on matters relating to causation, liability, quantum and recovery.
She has experience of supervisory functions within the team and is the initial point of contact for all related queries.
Lorna also has debt recovery experience in relation to all aspects of the collection process, including recovery of unpaid fees, overpayments, disputed and non-disputed claims in both the County Court and High Court, enforcing Judgments and drafting pleadings.
A law graduate, Lorna has passed the CILEx Graduate Diploma and is working towards qualifying as a CILEx Fellow.
- Advising in relation to a complex multi-vehicle incident involving damage to property and 20+ vehicles where liability was in dispute. Advising in relation to causation, liability and recoverability
- Negotiating settlements on high value property damage claims
- Negotiating framework settlement agreements with third parties
- Significant involvement in negotiations on both a bulk and case by case basis with insurers including indemnity issues, subrogation and disclosure
- Recoveries exceeding £4.9 m for one client since 2011.