Lawrence is an attorney in the firm’s Winston-Salem office. He advises his clients across a wide spectrum of legal and regulatory issues, including defending complex mass torts, putative class actions, and regulatory compliance at both the state and federal level.
The primary focus of his practice is on the defense of individual and class action product liability cases, consumer fraud claims, and the prosecution and defense of other complex commercial cases. He has extensive experience in state and federal courtrooms in all phases of case preparation and trial, ranging from discovery to appellate review. At trial, in addition to his trial team colleagues from Womble Bond Dickinson, he works side-by-side with in-house defense teams and outside counsel from a variety of AM Law 200 firms.
Lawrence remains active in the community through charitable organizations like the American Heart Association, March of Dimes, and Second Harvest Food Bank. In addition, Lawrence serves on several boards and devotes a portion of his time to pro bono work. He represents veterans before the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, provides advice on a myriad of legal issues on behalf of Legal Aid of North Carolina, and serves as a Guardian ad Litem appellate advocate for abused and neglected children. He is also active in promoting diversity and inclusion initiatives within the Firm and serves on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section, Young Lawyers Division; Minorities in the Profession Committee, Legal Answers Task Force
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Winston-Salem Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented Fortune 500 manufacturing companies in the Engle litigation pending in the state of Florida, focused on preparation of trial exhibit lists and trial exhibit use and admission in the courtroom.
- Represented an international energy client involved in an MDL and a putative shareholder derivative class action.
- Provided pre-trial and trial support to in-house defense teams and outside counsel, both on-site at trial as well as assisting trial teams remotely.