Kristina advises companies and financial sponsors varying in market capitalization and industry in corporate and commercial transactions and general business matters. Her practice focuses on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures, international development finance, and equity capital raising, including related securities law and corporate governance issues.
Kristina regularly counsels foreign companies seeking to expand their business in the U.S. on matters such as organizing U.S. entities, acquiring established businesses in the U.S. (or their assets or business units), and negotiating commercial agreements. She also advises U.S. companies seeking to expand abroad through acquisitions, working seamlessly with local counsel in the target jurisdictions to facilitate due diligence and negotiate the definitive agreements.
Kristina guides institutional investors and public and private companies in negotiating strategic investments, M&A, and joint ventures, as well as emerging companies in navigating the capital raising process and growing their business.
As a co-leader of the Firm’s International Development Finance Team, Kristina counsels DFIs, IFIs, private equity and venture capital funds, and other impact finance institutions in connection with creatively and practically structuring their investments to achieve their unique financial and social impact goals.
Kristina began her career at Sidley Austin, in New York and Sydney, and Cleary Gottlieb, in New York, representing hedge fund and private equity fund sponsors in the formation and structuring of private investment funds, institutional investors in negotiating private fund investments and complex joint venture transactions, and non-U.S. companies issuing debt into the U.S. market through private placements.
- Board Chair, NCCJ of the Piedmont Triad
- Leadership Council Member and Membership Committee Chair, North Carolina Bar Association Business Law Section
- Co-Planner, North Carolina Bar Association Business Law and International Practice Sections Annual Meeting
- Member, American Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Trusted advisor to a U.S. public company in connection with strategic investments in both U.S. and non-U.S. private equity funds and growth-stage companies
- Trusted advisor to a Canadian manufacturing company in connection with its U.S.-based business and strategic acquisitions
- Trusted advisor to a public charity in connection with social impact investments to both U.S. and non-U.S. companies and funds
- Trusted advisor to a U.S. development finance institution in connection with financing projects in developing countries
- Represented two European development finance institutions in connection with their equity investment in a renewable energy company
- Represented U.K. pharma company in connection with acquisition of U.S. API manufacturer
- Represented Canadian infrastructure company in connection with strategic acquisitions in the U.S.
- Represented U.S.-based manufacturing company in connection with sale to private equity firm