For over 25 years, Kent Jones has practiced in the areas of commercial real estate development, finance, commercial leasing, loan workouts, and general corporate law. He assists developers, public/private partnerships, investors, and lenders in managing and closing commercial real estate transactions, including land use, financing and development matters, and drafting and negotiating purchase contracts, commercial leases, loan documentation, development agreements, and related agreements.
His general business practice includes advising businesses and business owners in entity choice and formation issues, equity structures, and the negotiation and preparation of shareholder agreements, operating agreements, service contracts, manufacturing and consulting agreements, and franchise and licensing agreements.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represent automoblile manufacturer in acquisiton of North Carolina “mega site” for construction of electric vehicle manufacturing plant.
- Represent residential land development client in all aspects of land acquisition, entitlement, and disposition transactions.
- Represent automobile dealership owner in acquisition and development of dealership sites throughout the Southeast.
- Represent sponsor company in the acquisition of multiple medical office properties throughout the Southeast.
- Represent developer of large mixed-use development in Charlotte (retail, office, residential), including all aspects of development, leasing, and finance transactions.
- Represent developer in the acquisition, development, and leasing of the Ayrsley Town Center mixed-use project in Southwest Charlotte.
- Represent national and regional lenders in all aspects of lending transactions, including asset-based and real estate lending.
- Represented multi-family developer/operating company in $70 million refinance of existing portfolio of apartment properties.
- Represented apartment developer/operating company in connection with the disposition of $130 million apartment portfolio.
- ULI Carolinas, Innovation in Housing Council, 2021
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Business North Carolina, “Legal Elite,” 2022-2023