Jeff is a business-focused M&A/Private Equity/Corporate Transactions Partner who co-leads the firm’s financial sponsor group and who has served as a trusted adviser to private equity professionals and high growth company entrepreneurs for over 20 years. Jeff’s clients value his ability to focus on key issues and to solve complex problems.
As a veteran dealmaker, Jeff leads complex domestic and cross-border transactions for strategic and private equity backed technology companies (commercial and government contractors), financial sponsors, global franchisors and clients across a variety of other verticals. These transactions include mergers and acquisitions, private equity financings and joint ventures, among others. Jeff also regularly advises clients in the areas of corporate governance, securities regulations and general corporate matters.
Jeff also represents institutional investors with their private equity and hedge fund investments and assists private equity sponsors with fund formations.
With a background in finance and a passion for learning and calculated risk taking such as high altitude trekking, scuba diving and other adventure travel, Jeff’s clients, colleagues and friends admire his ability to view issues from both a business and legal perspective.
Virginia Bar Association
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Corporate Law, 2015 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented financial sponsors with platform and tuck-in acquisitions, exits and portfolio company legal coverage.
- Represented Media.net in its sale to a Chinese consortium for $900 million in one of the largest ad tech deals in history.
- Represented numerous government contractors with acquisition and exit transactions.
- Represented new private equity buyout fund with an acquisition of a 3PL platform.
- Represented a govtech and commercial IT company in its sale to a private equity buyer.
- Represented institutional investors in nearly $3 billion of private equity and hedge fund investments.
- Represented Five Guys Holdings, Inc. in several private equity rounds, many acquisitions and a variety of other transactions.
- Represented a private equity backed govtech software company in its sale to a private equity buyer for over $125 million.
- Represented Directi Group in the sale of its web presence business to EIG International Group Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: EIGI) for $110 million.
- Represented Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY) in over 25 transactions including its $375 million acquisition of TouchNet Information Systems, Inc.
- Represented a global health services provider in its sale to a public strategic buyer for over $190 million.
- Represented a public business services company in its sale to a private equity buyer for $240 million.
- Represented a public community bank in its $214 million merger with Fulton Financial Corporation (NADAQ: FULT).