Jamie Chou has a broad range of experience in corporate, real estate, and IP transactional matters, as well as commercial litigation. Her practice focuses on the acquisition, management, operation, and sale of businesses; the organization of domestic business ventures; licensing and other IP needs; business counseling; commercial leasing and purchase and sale; and litigation in state and federal courts.
Her real estate practice includes representing landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating sophisticated commercial leases for office, retail, restaurant, life/science, industrial, and mixed-use spaces; ground leases; subleases; and license agreements. She also represents sellers and buyers of all forms of commercial properties throughout the country.
Jamie’s commercial litigation practice includes the defense and prosecution of complex civil cases, including class-action defense, multi-district litigation, and appellate litigation. She has represented clients in cases involving alleged business fraud, IP issues, real property law, racial profiling, unfair business practices, and breach of contract.
Jamie graduated with honors from UCLA with B.A. in Political Science and received her J.D. from the UCLA School of Law. She is fluent in Mandarin.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2011 - Present)
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area (2005 - Present)
- American Bar Association (2000 - Present)
- Bar Association of San Francisco (2000 - Present)
- Women in Cable Telecommunications (2002 - 2016)
- Chinese American Women’s Business League, Board of Directors (2010 - 2015)
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Northern California Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2009 - 2010