Ian has over 30 years’ experience of advising a range of public and private sector clients across the country on major regeneration and strategic residential and mixed-use development projects. He also has extensive client relationship management expertise, undertaking this role for the Tyne & Wear Legal Services Framework and also for HCA, the Outer London Councils, and London Borough Legal Alliance Frameworks. Ian advises numerous local authorities, government agencies and universities and has chaired and spoken at local government conferences.
He also undertakes work for national house builders such as Bellway and Taylor Wimpey. His work includes joint ventures, public/private sector urban regeneration projects and funding agreements. He has wide experience of project-managing inter-disciplinary teams to deliver major projects.
- Newcastle City Council on the hotel, office and mixed-use development on the historic Stephenson Quarter, adjacent to Newcastle Central Station and the Science Central technology park in a JV with Legal & General and Newcastle University
- City of York Council on its new Community Stadium
- Medway Borough Council and Homes and Communities Agency on a £400m flagship regeneration project at Rochester
- Mole Valley Council and Merton College, Oxford on a joint venture development partnership with a national house builder for a strategic housing site near the M25
- Durham University on its acquisition of a strategic college expansion site at Mount Oswald Durham.
“The excellent and detail-oriented Ian Ward is highlighted for his strong regeneration practice. He is always determined to achieve the best results for his client and is recognised for his thorough understanding across a range of expertise.”
"Ian Ward is noted for his strength in the residential development and urban regeneration spaces. Market sources consider him to be "a very good lawyer who knows his onions!"
"Key individuals include urban regeneration and residential development specialist Ian Ward"