Deborah Hayes is a member of Womble Bond Dickinson’s GCSolutions team, which provides affordable on-demand, scalable legal services to corporate law departments and small and medium companies. Deborah is a business-minded legal executive with over 25 years of experience representing financial services companies both in-house and in private practice.
Deborah has extensive experience managing transactional, regulatory, compliance and litigation matters for financial services companies. She has represented institutional investors in negotiation and documentation of new transactions and restructurings domestically and internationally across a wide range of industries. She has also represented banks and other financial institutions, as well as corporate borrowers, in secured and unsecured lending transactions. Deborah brings value by helping clients develop and implement commercial, solutions-oriented approaches to both routine and complex legal matters.
Publications and Presentations
- Co-chair, American College of Investment Counsel Annual Meeting and Education Conference, New York, NY (October 2017)
- Panelist, American College of Investment Counsel Education Forum (2014)
- Author, Classification of Market Participants Under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act: “Who Are You?” (Westlaw Business Currents 2011)
- Panelist, Dodd-Frank for Derivatives End Users: Implications and Go Forward Strategies for Companies from Airlines to Pipelines (Thomson Reuters, April 2011)
- Panelist, Dodd-Frank for Derivatives End-Users: Will Your Enterprise be Ready? (Celesq Attorneys Education Center, June 2011)
- Panelist, What Women (In-House Counsel) Want, ABA Annual Meeting, Summer 2007
- Comment, Corporate Director Conflicts of Interest, 53 Tennessee Law Review 799
Professional and Civic Activities
- Fellow, American College of Investment Counsel
- Charter Member, Thomson Reuters Governance, Risk and Compliance Partner Advisory Board
- Chair of the Board of Trustees, Triad Stage, Greensboro, NC
- Volunteer Meal Coordinator, Greensboro Urban Ministries (2008-2018)
- Member, Greensboro Advocacy Team, Friends Committee on National Legislation (2015-2017)