Ebbs assists clients with high stakes disputes and important negotiations. Arthur is particularly well known for his work successfully and efficiently defending financial services business in many types of consumer disputes including those arising under laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Truth in Lending Act, and arising under retail installment contracts. Arthur has significant experience in foreclosure litigation, especially with regard to defeating requests for injunctive relief to stop scheduled sales. Arthur also has a substantial background resolving distressed debt in and out of bankruptcy, litigating real estate title issues, representing construction firms in complicated payment, defect, and delay cases, and litigating matters arising under the Uniform Commercial Code related to the sale of goods. Arthur is an accomplished business litigator and in addition to his specialties has successfully handled many matters related to trade secrets, trademark and copyright infringement, acquisition related litigation, franchise termination, lease disputes including dispossessing commercial tenants, and various other breaches of contract and business torts.
Arthur is talented in the courtroom and is known for his ability to clearly and concisely present winning arguments while being able to think and respond quickly while on his feet. Arthur has tried many cases and is recognized for his ability to deliver results at trial; he is equally well known for developing innovative solutions in business disputes that, when appropriate, allow clients to avoid the risk and cost associated with trial. He is trusted by clients to handle important appellate matters and has successfully argued in multiple appellate courts.
Before attending law school, Arthur served as a Senior Consultant with Manhattan Associates, Inc., an Atlanta-based multi-national supply chain software firm.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Obtained summary judgment and successfully resolved and obtained repayment of a $15,000,000 loan portfolio. Obtained summary judgment in numerous other distressed debt cases.
- Won payment claim and recovered $6,000,000 for construction subcontractor while defeating counterclaims for delay.
- Won multiple trials related to the valuation of commercial real estate sold at foreclosure sales.
- Obtained and executed upon writs of possession to recover personal property ranging from timber equipment to jet aircraft.
- Successfully forced a Canadian bakery that purchased a $1,000,000 piece of equipment to pay for it in an international arbitration.