Arthur Ebbs has extensive experience representing financial services businesses in defensive litigation, creditors’ rights, and bankruptcy matters.
Arthur’s defense practice is primarily focused on foreclosure litigation both in the commercial and consumer contexts, and numerous types of consumer claims including those arising under laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the Truth-in-Lending Act.
Arthur’s creditors’ rights and bankruptcy practice is wide ranging. In his career, Arthur has recovered tens of millions of dollars for financial institutions through creative workouts, conventional litigation, and in the bankruptcy courts. Arthur is an expert in post-judgment remedies, and has conducted numerous judgment levies and repossessions of collateral.
Arthur has significant knowledge of and experience with real estate title matters and frequently litigates these issues in Georgia’s state and federal courts. Arthur recently argued and won a matter concerning Georgia’s recording statutes arising out of a bankruptcy trustee’s avoidance action in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Arthur also frequently represents commercial landlords in lease disputes, and is well versed in the process related to and practical implications of evicting a tenant from property. Arthur’s real estate related practice also includes the representation of owners and contractors in construction disputes.
Arthur is talented in the courtroom and is known for his ability to clearly and concisely present winning arguments while being able to think and respond quickly while on his feet. Arthur is thought of as a “trial lawyer” with the demeanor, flexibility, and experience to be effective in any venue.
Before attending law school, Arthur served as a Senior Consultant with Manhattan Associates, Inc., an Atlanta-based multi-national supply chain software firm. Away from the Firm, Arthur is the head seventh grade baseball coach for St. Pius X Catholic High School in Atlanta.
Honors and Awards
Selected to the Georgia Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers, 2017, 2018
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Obtained summary judgment and successfully resolved and obtained repayment of a $15,000,000 loan portfolio. Obtained summary judgment in numerous other distressed debt cases.
- Won payment claim and recovered $6,000,000 for construction subcontractor while defeating counterclaims for delay.
- Won multiple trials related to the valuation of commercial real estate sold at foreclosure sales.
- Obtained and executed upon writs of possession to recover personal property ranging from timber equipment to jet aircraft.
- Successfully forced a Canadian bakery that purchased a $1,000,000 piece of equipment to pay for it in an international arbitration.