CARY, NC—Once again, the North Carolina Bar Association asked the legal community to help the state’s most vulnerable citizens. And once again, Womble Bond Dickinson attorneys and staff answered the call.
Womble Bond Dickinson has been honored as the Large Law Firm Division (101 or more employees) winner in the 2019 Legal Feeding Frenzy . This is the sixth consecutive year that the firm has been honored for its contributions to the Legal Feeding Frenzy campaign.
The Legal Feeding Frenzy collects money and food donations for North Carolina’s food banks. This year’s campaign raised the equivalent of 315,390 pounds of food. Womble Bond Dickinson’s five North Carolina offices raised 94,612 of those pounds—or 30 percent of the overall donations!
Attorney Taylor Ey led this year’s campaign for Womble Bond Dickinson. Individual office captains, and the food banks supported by each office, were:
- Charlotte: Afzal Karim and Mike Ingersoll [Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina];
- Greensboro: Joseph Speight [Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC];
- Raleigh: Madison Waller and David Palko [Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC];
- RTP: Taylor Ey [Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC];
- Winston-Salem: Ryan Niland & Hayden Holliman [Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC].
North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein recognized the 2019 winners at an April 26 ceremony at the NC Bar Center in Cary. Attorney Jon Mize represented Womble Bond Dickinson at the awards ceremony. Mize is a member of the Board of Directors of the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
NC Attorney General Josh Stein with Womble Bond Dickinson attorney Jon Mize