With more than 250 attorneys in five North Carolina offices, transatlantic law firm Womble Bond Dickinson covers the Tar Heel State. In its 2021 guide, Chambers USA recognized 10 of the firm’s North Carolina practice areas as among the best in the state.
In addition, Chambers USA recognized Womble Bond Dickinson’s Intellectual Property, Environment, Litigation: General Commercial, and Public Finance practice areas as Band 1 practices and among the best in North Carolina. And Womble Bond Dickinson Immigration Solutions leaders Jennifer Cory and Susan Ramos both were listed as Band 1 attorneys for Immigration Law in North Carolina.
The full-service practices recognized in the 2021 Chambers USA Guide include:
- Banking and Finance—Obviously, Charlotte is a global center for financial services, and Womble Bond Dickinson has served the state’s banking industry for more than a century. Chambers USA quotes a client describing the firm’s Banking and Finance team as “very sophisticated and very practical,” with another financial services client adding the team has “a wonderful understanding of our needs and relationship.”
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring—Womble Bond Dickinson’s team of nearly 20 Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights attorneys handles a full range of bankruptcy needs, with strong experience in Chapter 7 and 11 matters. Chambers USA says Womble Bond Dickinson is a “well-regarded practice that has a fine reputation for its work representing major stakeholders in Chapter 11 cases.”
- Corporate/M&A—Womble Bond Dickinson guides companies in complex corporate transactions, as well as in day-to-day governance and regulatory matters. Chambers USA says the firm is known for “A strong practice with expertise in the full range of corporate matters. Proficient at handling IPOs, joint ventures and spinout transactions for a range of prominent clients, with notable experience in the real estate and healthcare sectors. Additional strength in the private equity and venture capital spaces, handling matters such as fund formation and buyouts.”
- Environment (Band 1)—The North Carolina team has extensive experience in high-stakes toxic tort litigation. In addition, team attorneys guide companies in environmental regulatory and due diligence matters. Chambers USA says, “The team has a nice mix of environmental litigators and compliance and transactional attorneys.”
- Intellectual Property (Band 1)—Womble Bond Dickinson brings more than 150 IP attorneys and patent agents to work for clients across a wide range of technical fields and in a variety of service areas (patent, trademark, copyright, and IP litigation). Chambers USA says the Womble Bond Dickinson IP Team has “recognized prowess in the intellectual property field, with particular strength in patent and trademark issues. Handles patent prosecution, licensing and enforcement matters. Deep bench with experience handling portfolios on behalf of national and international clients.”
- General Commercial Litigation (Band 1)—As with IP, business litigation is a core service for Womble Bond Dickinson, both in North Carolina and throughout the firm. Chambers USA says the firm’s team of 300+ litigation lawyers excels “in a variety of environmental, business and shareholder litigation, with in-depth experience practicing throughout the federal courts. Fields an experienced and formidable team of strong litigators with top-level trial experience. Acts for clients from a wide range of sectors including real estate, financial services and IT.”
- Healthcare—The firm provides transactional, regulatory and litigation services to a broad range of public and private clients including major health and social care providers, financial institutions and other key stakeholders. Chambers USA calls Womble Bond Dickinson an “esteemed practice group with deep historical roots in statewide (North Carolina) healthcare matters.”
- Public Finance (Band 1)—Womble Bond Dickinson “enjoys an excellent reputation for its public finance capabilities, with regular roles on major bond issuances,” according to Chambers USA. The firm serves as bond counsel to the State of North Carolina and numerous other state and local governments, agencies and special purpose authorities in North Carolina.
- Real Estate Finance—Chambers USA says Womble Bond Dickinson is known in North Carolina for “its strong real estate finance practice with significant strengths in handling mezzanine financing and real estate loan syndications.” One client says “client care and professional dedication” are particular team strengths.
- Real Estate—Womble Bond Dickinson’s commercial real estate team “delivers a high level of service to clients active in the real estate industry, including developers, asset managers, REITs and other owners of real estate,” according to Chambers USA. The team includes more than 250 lawyers in the US and UK, including North Carolina.
Click here to read more about Womble Bond Dickinson’s recognition in the 2021 Chambers USA Guide.