This webinar took place on April 15, 2020.
To download the slides from this presentation, please click here. A replay of the webinar is below.
Description: US energy sector saw a record number of bankruptcies filed last year and many had already predicted that trend to continue into 2020. That grim projection seems all the more likely today, making the need for well-thought-out legal strategies critical for companies in the sector on either side of the debt. Specifically, unsecured creditors should be taking action now to best position themselves should their customers and/or partners file for bankruptcy.
In this webinar panel members addressed:
- Key actions to take now if your customers or partners may file for bankruptcy.
- What are some of the litigation issues associated with safe harbor contracts?
- When can I assert liens?
- What do I need to know about the unsecured creditors committee?
- Tony Guerino, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Liz Klingensmith, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Kevin Mangan, Partner Womble Bond Dickinson
- Paul Turner, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson
Who should watch?
In-house counsel for upstream oil & gas producers, lenders, and commodity trading houses, looking to understand counterparty risk.
To help navigate the COVID crisis, we are sharing actionable content on our COVID-19 Resource Hub: Navigating the Legal Challenges of COVID-19. This is the best place to find fresh perspectives and insights from Womble Bond Dickinson (US) attorneys on a real time basis.