Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP’s Wealth Management Team has been advising families and their businesses for over 100 years, so we understand that giving comprehensive, sophisticated and innovative legal advice is just the starting point.
Our real contribution is understanding you, your family, and your business and combining that knowledge with our legal expertise and commercial experience to provide you with the best possible solutions.
Our clients include high net worth individuals, professional and corporate trustees, wealth management professionals, private equity firms, mutual funds, regulatory and compliance consultants, and insurers. Our integrated team of lawyers and professionals with multi-disciplinary experience in this sector can help with the myriad of legal issues surrounding wealth transfer and regulatory compliance both for individuals and for professionals advising on wealth management.
Wealth Management Newsletters
Services to individuals
- Wills and Revocable Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney, including Health Care Powers of Attorney and Advance Directives
- Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Irrevocable Trusts, including dynasty trusts, life insurance trusts, charitable trusts, grantor trusts, marital trusts, trusts for descendants, and special needs trusts
- Fiduciary Litigation, including will contests or caveats, trust contests, inter-beneficiary disputes, probate disputes and declaratory judgment matters
- Trust Modifications, Terminations, Decantings and Reformations
- Tax Planning
- Asset Protection, including protecting assets in the event of divorce
- Bussiness Succession Planning
- Charitable Planning, including private foundations, public charities, supporting organizations, donor advised funds and endowed funds
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) and Family Limited Liability Companies (FLLCs)
Services to wealth management professionals and businesses
- Fund formation
- Corporate & business transactions
- Fiduciary litigation
- Securities fraud and class action litigation
- Government investigations and white collar crime.
- Regulatory compliance and enforcement issues
- Intellectual property transactions and contracts
- Privacy and data security issues
- Employment law
- Consumer and customer dispute resolution.
"They've done some very good work which has saved a lot of problems for the family. They pay a great deal of attention to all different and varying aspects of the family so they've just provided a very good service which has also worked incredibly well over multiple generations. They're very personable, they will take a great deal of care to understand individual circumstances and use that to frame the advice they'll give."
"First-class client service and high levels of knowledge…they have the strength and depth and a wide variety of lawyers to suit the clients."