A native of Little Rock, Arkansas, Anne Kelley operates out of our Charleston office and offers clients throughout South Carolina a wide range of estate planning and wealth transfer advice. Primarily, she provides counsel to business owners, individuals and families who want to ensure that their wishes are followed in the event of a serious illness or death.
With her Master of Tax Law, Anne Kelley works with business owners, individuals and families to preserve, protect and transfer wealth to the next generation in the most tax efficient manner.
Anne Kelley has significant experience advising fiduciaries of estates and trusts on the probate and distribution of assets, the preparation and filing of fiduciary income and estate tax returns, and general estate and trust administration. Anne Kelley also represents beneficiaries and fiduciaries in will contests, spousal elective share petitions, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and trust modifications.
Her experience extends to representing private foundations, supporting organizations, public charities and other nonprofit organizations.
Anne Kelley is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law in South Carolina.
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker, Charleston Estate Planning Council, Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act: Planning for the End of the Stretch IRA”, February 2020
- Panelist, American Bar Association (ABA) Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section e-CLE entitled: The SECURE Act: Planning for the End of the Stretch IRA, February 2020
- Speaker, 2020 South Carolina Bar Convention, "Effective Use of Transfer on Death (TOD) and Payable on Death (POD)", January 2020
- “From This Day Forward, The Abolishment of Common-Law Marriage in South Carolina,” South Carolina Lawyer, March 2020
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association Real Property Trust & Estates Section
- Vice-Chair, Charitable Organizations Committee
- Assistant Editor, e-Report
- South Carolina Bar Probate Estate Planning and Trust Section
- Council Member, July 2015 – Present
- Chair-Elect, 2020-2021
- Charleston Estate Planning Council, Member
- Charleston Tax Council, Member
- The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America