Our Global Business Attorney Services
Womble Bond Dickinson advises both U.S. companies working abroad as well as international companies that do business—or seek to do business—in the U.S. Team members have experience advising clients operating in the UK, the European Union, Asia (particularly China), Central and South America, the Middle East, Australia/New Zealand, the Caribbean, Africa and Canada.
The Global Business Team also features a market-leading group of lawyers focused on providing comprehensive solutions for government contracts, providing customized solutions to government entities.
- Cross-border transactions (foreign direct investments, M&A, joint ventures, strategic alliances, IPOs, equity and debt offerings, venture capital financings, licensing deals). We help companies structure, finance and document such deals, and also work to ensure compliance with relevant U.S. and local law;
- Government contracts, including those involving international business. Team members work with companies on at all stages of the contracting process, from the initial competition to the final stages of completion. We also guide contractors in regulatory compliance as well as dispute resolution and bid protests;
- Inbound investments in the U.S, providing antitrust, corporate employment, economic development, environmental, land use/zoning, real estate, securities and tax law counsel to inbound companies. We offer turnkey legal services to inbound investors, acting as “Outside General Counsel” to many international clients operating in the U.S.
- International procurement, distribution, manufacturing, and sales agreements;
- International tax matters;
- Cross-border trade, including all relevant regulatory compliance (export controls, foreign direct investment laws, economic/trade sanctions programs, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, etc.)
- Economic development matters, including economic development incentives; land use and siting procedures; and regulatory matters at the state, county and local levels, drawing on strong relationships built over many years with key governmental and civic leaders.
- Establishing operations in a new country, including due diligence, entity formation, and tax concerns;
- Global dispute resolutions, including international arbitration;
- Government and internal investigations of trade-related matters;
- Cross-border labor and employment matters, working with Womble Bond Dickinson’s Immigration Solutions team.
- Global IP portfolio management, including registering and protecting patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets;
- Real estate and construction solutions;
- FDA regulatory guidance;
- Cross-border supply chain issues; and
- International project finance.
Diverse Backgrounds with International Coverage
Our attorneys come from diverse global backgrounds and apply a wide variety of language skills and international practice experience in serving the business and legal needs of clients with global legal needs—from multinational companies with needs across the world to middle market companies venturing abroad for the first time to international businesses looking to establish U.S. operations.
Womble Bond Dickinson clients benefit from the firm’s long-time active membership in Lex Mundi, the world’s largest network of independent law firms. Through Lex Mundi’s global network of more than 160 law firms in 100+ countries, Womble Bond Dickinson clients have access to seamless service from more than 21,000 attorneys across the world.