With 15 years of experience litigating a broad range of complex business disputes, Victoria is known for being a responsive, organized and tenacious advocate for her clients.She has handled every stage of civil litigation through trial and appeal in state and federal court around the country, and regularly counsels clients on issues involving reputation management and corporate social responsibility.
Among Victoria’s clients are multinational companies in the financial services, insurance, insurance brokerage, and commercial lending industries.She has represented major US retailers, manufacturers, and insurers in a variety of business disputes involving breach of contract, fraud, professional malpractice, deceptive trade practices and discrimination.
Victoria also has represented numerous biosciences, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, professional services, real estate investment trust, and financial services companies in responding to reputational attacks by financial publications, NGOs, competitors and former employees/whistleblowers.
- Co-author, Navigating Reputational Harm in the Digital Age: Methods of Addressing Anonymous Negative Comments in Social Media, Bloomberg BNA Social Media Law & Policy Report, May 2014
- Co-author, Navigating Defamation Issues in Social Media, The Social Media Monthly, June 2012
- Managing Your Company’s Reputation in the Digital Age: Strategies to Address Negative and Anonymous Online Comments, Commercial Law Advisors Webinar, July and November 2014
- New York State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Major financial services company before the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, in an insurance dispute arising out of a deceptive trade practices class action, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Leading food manufacturer before the Fourth Circuit in an insurance dispute arising out of a state wage-and-hour ERISA class action lawsuit, resulting in a favorable multi-million dollar settlement.
- Major US clothing retailer in a worker health and safety class action lawsuit by employees of foreign manufacturers arising out of a building collapse in Bangladesh.
- Major construction company in a whistleblower case relating to a $200 million federal prison.
- National hospital system in a RICO lawsuit challenging the “corporate campaign” activities of labor unions
- Top-five audit firm and several partners in an SEC investigation.