*Tricia Mason is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
Tricia is a Registered Nurse and the Director of Medical Analysis in the firm’s medical and scientific services division. With over 24 years of medico-legal experience, she combines analytical medical insight with business acumen to deliver client centered analytical solutions. Her extensive experience working with complex medical and scientific issues paired with her creative and collaborative approach to meeting client needs make her a sought after asset in medical related litigation. Tricia has been at the forefront of developing high quality medically focused and customized deliverables nationally and abroad.
As a client advocate and defense oriented medical consultant, Tricia has worked to support litigation throughout the US and internationally for clients in a wide variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, health care, manufacturing, insurance, automotive, trucking, and consumer products.
Tricia works directly with clients to plan, develop and implement litigation-specific medical work products. She leads a team of more than 35 nurses and medical transcriptionists who address relevant medical litigation issues, outline alternative causation theories, simplify complex medical lingo and identify key missing information. This innovative and effective multidisciplinary team of specialized experts is committed to client satisfaction.
Tricia began performing medical analysis in Womble Bond Dickinson’s products liability group in 1993. Before coming to the firm, she worked in clinical practice as a cardiothoracic intensive care nurse at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem. Tricia holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- For a global tobacco company, led medical transcription and physician/nurse analysis of 17,000 pages of medical records for 120 cases that had to be transcribed, translated from Spanish to English, and analyzed within one month on-site in Madrid, Spain.
- Vetted and assisted with development of expert witnesses in international mass tort litigation for a global tobacco company.
- Worked on behalf of a 950-bed, full service tertiary care center to provide medical defense strategies to defend allegations of multi-system injuries associated with alleged surgical equipment contamination.
- Developed and implemented data categorization and analytical summarization of key medical information in two large scale pharmaceutical class actions involving hormone therapy and diet drugs.
- Established analytical protocols and successfully provided shared records collection and medical analysis services for defense representation of a large mining corporation and multiple chemical industries.
- Evaluated orthopaedic and infectious disease claims and provided potential alternative causation defenses for a leading global reinsurer.