Tom advises on a broad range of corporate transactions, with a focus on private equity and M&A. He has a sector specialism in insurance and financial services transactions. In the private equity sector he acts for investors, companies seeking investment, sellers to private equity backed buyers and management teams.
Tom also advises on joint ventures, group reorganisations, start-ups and early stage investments. Tom is experienced in leading and project managing complex transactions, drawing on a larger team of specialist lawyers and working together with clients’ other advisers.
- Willis Towers Watson on a number of disposals, including the sale of its Scottish commercial business to Clark Thomson Insurance Brokers, its SME business (Businesscare) to Allianz Business Services and its UK classic car business RH Specialist Insurance to Hiscox
- Sompo Canopius, the Lloyds (re)insurer, on the sale of the majority of its retail or direct-to-consumer business to UK insurance broker A-Plan
- Hilco Capital on its acquisition of Staples UK Retail and of jewellery retailer Chapelle
- Moorfield on its purchase of part of a business park in partnership with Highbridge
- Foresight Group on the £15m investment by the UK’s Green Investment Bank and the Foresight Environmental Fund (partly funded by London Waste and Recycling Board) in Willen Biogas, which is developing a 27,000 tpa anaerobic digestion plant to treat food waste
- Management of Allen & Heath (mixing console manufacturers) on a £43m management buyout, backed by Electra Partners
- Management of Exemplar Healthcare, a leading UK provider of residential nursing care, on their MBO backed by Agilitas
- Management of Safety Management & Monitoring Services (a health & safety and environmental services provider, specialising in the property management sector) on its disposal to Sovereign-backed Alcumus.
“Bond Dickinson provided excellent support throughout the process of the sale of the CUKS direct business and the service provided has been first class”
“Bond Dickinson's proactive approach, pragmatism and 'can do' attitude has driven the transaction to a successful conclusion”
“Bond Dickinson helped us with an investment by Rutland Partners and the associated exit from 3i. When Domtar Corporation approached us with a view to buying the business for £150m, we knew Tom Fitzpatrick’s team would help us achieve a good deal.”
“Our MBO from Dow Chemicals was an eye opening experience for us and we would never have been able to do it without the excellent advice and strength in depth from Bond Dickinson.”