Put simply, Seiko Okada is a dedicated, well-versed attorney. That's why clients turn to Seiko for counsel: They know her tenacious and dynamic approach to their issue will result in a solution that aligns with their strategic goals. As a member of Womble Bond Dickinson’s Medical and Scientific Solutions team, Seiko assists clients with Mass Torts matters, specializing in litigation involving complex medical and scientific issues. She is an attorney with a Ph.D. and an M.D. That multidisciplinary background makes Seiko a formidable litigator and a key asset in the firm's Mass Torts practice group.
Before joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Seiko interned with Judge James A. Wynn of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Seiko was a scientist at the University of North Carolina Cystic Fibrosis/Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center. She was also a physician specializing in Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine. Seiko brings her patient-oriented clinical approach and meticulous analytical scientific approach to her legal practice to achieve her clients’ needs and beyond.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Work with expert witnesses in personal injury, medical malpractice, and mass torts litigation.
- Analyze and develop strategy in cases or claims involving medical or scientific issues.
- Prepare white papers on medical and scientific matters for use in clients’ product development.
- Assist clients with biopharmaceutical intellectual property matters.
- Assist Japan-related companies with expanding or conducting business in the United States.