Rhonda is an experienced litigator with more than 20 years of experience focusing on default servicing and consumer defensive litigation relating to automobile repossessions and home mortgage foreclosures as well as representing companies in bankruptcy. She has handled both single plaintiff matters and class/mass actions across a broad range of financial services issues, including auto lending claims, TCPA, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA, TILA, loan modifications, retail installment sales contracts, MERS standing issues, and county recorder challenges to MERS.
Prior to joining the firm, Rhonda served as Senior Counsel and Vice President for an American multinational financial services company.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Resolved a Maryland class action involving the Maryland Closed End Credit Grantor’s Act on a claims made basis saving company millions of dollars.
- Settled a Washington State property preservation class action.
- Settled two major RESPA class action cases for much less than anticipated.
- Litigated nationwide county recorder cases challenging MERS business model resulting in a favorable decision from Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Resolved a class action that alleged unauthorized fees were billed on an individual basis.
- Negotiated resolution of Chapter 13 trustee disputes relating to payment change notices and Notice of Post-Petition Fees.