Reid is a practical, results-oriented attorney with significant business background and over 15 years of creative problem-solving experience in corporate matters. He acts as outside general counsel to public and private companies and their boards of directors in connection with general corporate governance and compliance, board and stockholder meetings, stockholder activism and engagement, shareholder proposal and proxy matters, corporate minutes, stock option plans and restricted stock agreements, poison pill plans, employment agreements, license agreements, joint venture agreements, consulting agreements and indemnification agreements.
Reid has significant experience representing corporate issuers and underwriters in securities transactions that include registered public equity and debt financings (IPO, primary debt, follow-on, shelf, debt exchange offers), PIPE transactions, and traditional private placements. He also counsels and represents public companies in connection with initial and continued listing on NASDAQ and NYSE and regulatory compliance, including reviewing, drafting, and filing required periodic filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and Proxy Statements) and beneficial ownership statements under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (Schedules 13D and 13G; Forms 3, 4 and 5).
In addition, Reid has a long track record advising clients on communications law issues with a particular emphasis on noncommercial broadcasters. He handles a full range of FCC regulatory, transactional and related business issues for his clients in this area, which include nonprofit media companies, public broadcasters and those engaged in educational telecommunications.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented NYSE listed owner and operator of cemeteries and funeral homes in its $355 million exchange of non-registered securities for registered securities.
- Represented furniture maker and marketer in its $64.4 million IPO on the Nasdaq.
- Represented Nasdaq technology company in a reverse triangular merger with privately-owned company including an exchange offer valuing target company at approximately $35 million.
- Represented Nasdaq listed developer and operator of water supply and treatment plants in its acquisition of a water infrastructure company for $4.1 million.
- Represented Nasdaq listed biotechnology company in a reverse triangular merger with clinical-stage oncology company.
- Represented Australian solar energy company in its $7.3 million IPO on the Nasdaq.
- Represented gas station operator and marketer in its $120 million IPO on NYSE.
- Represented privately-owned fragrance and flavor company in its acquisition of a Nasdaq listed developer and marketer of flavor ingredients for approximately $61.1 million.
- Represented NYSE listed construction management firm with its $147 million spin-off of major division.
- Represented private biotechnology company in a reverse triangular merger with Nasdaq-listed company with a contemporaneous PIPE raising approximately $25 million.
Professional & Civic Engagement
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Maryland Bar Association
- North Carolina Certified Public Accountant