Pam is widely regarded and sought out as one of the leading national and regional practitioners in multifamily and mixed-use real estate transactions. She has extensive experience in a wide range of complex commercial real estate transactions, including ground-up developments, acquisitions and dispositions, institutional equity investments, joint ventures, ground leases and permanent and mezzanine financing. Pam also counsels companies on office, retail and multifamily leasing transactions, commercial condominium regimes and workouts of distressed real estate projects. She is well known for bringing an entrepreneurial, practical and high energy orientation to her practice.
Pam is the founder of the firm’s Impact Business, leading a team of more than 40 professionals providing a complement of strategic and legal services at the cutting edge of the rapidly growing Impact Economy. The firm’s Impact clients range from large legacy for-profit businesses to newly formed, high-growth entrepreneurial ventures, each seeking to “grow their competitive advantage with Impact” by harnessing the positive power of businesses to generate revenue and solve endemic social problems.
Pam actively supports her communities by serving on the boards of the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Partnership to Prevent and End Homelessness, the Council on Legal Education Opportunities, Inc. (CLEO), Shelters to Shutters, and N Street Village. She also serves on the Advisory Board for the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Maryland and the Conscious Venture Lab.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented regional developer in the recapitalization and refinance of a 950+ unit apartment community located in Maryland including redemption of existing institutional equity partner, defeasance of a mortgage loan and closing of a new mortgage loan.
- Represented national developer in a financing transaction involving a construction loan and institutional equity from a California based pension fund for the development and construction of a 328 unit apartment community in Tennessee.
- Represented national developers in a land acquisition, life insurance company construction loan and institutional equity financing for a redevelopment of land in Washington, DC with a new mixed use apartment community including 500+ rental units and ground floor retail.
- Representation of publicly traded multifamily apartment REIT in complex lease transaction involving relocation of client headquarters to 50,000 square feet of new office space.
- Represented AvalonBay Communities, Inc., who joined with Equity Residential, in acquiring all of the assets and most of the liabilities of Archstone Enterprise LP from Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc. The deal involved the simultaneous closing of numerous debt transactions relating to Archstone’s asset-secured financing, and more than $4 billion of debt, including a $1.2 billion Fannie Mae master credit facility.
- Represented regional multifamily developers in a private public partnership for the redevelopment of five distinct development “blocks” in the City of Rockville, Maryland with a mixed-use project comprised of public and private mixed-use improvements.