Morris Ellison’s broad-based practice includes commercial real estate transactions, economic development, commercial litigation and counseling of entrepreneurs, startup and mature knowledge-based companies. With experience on both the business and litigation sides of transactions, Morris brings the perspective gained from having seen what goes wrong in transactions as well as insight into what the transaction was designed to achieve to avoid later conflict.
Morris represents local, national and international investors, lenders and real estate developers in the development, financing and disposition of commercial properties and other assets. Recently, he has been particularly involved with mobility companies, counseling clients on how the “Mobility Revolution” impacts their businesses.
In addition, Morris assists international companies that do (or wish to do) business in South Carolina, as well as South Carolina businesses engaging in international markets. He has a particular focus on the Israeli market, as he leads Womble Bond Dickinson’s Israel Team. Morris has been part of South Carolina’s trade mission delegation to Israel each year since 2011.
A prolific author on topics such as mobility, ecommerce, property tax issues and receiverships, Morris is a Fellow in both the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and the American College of Mortgage Attorneys, and he is the South Carolina member of the American Property Tax Counsel.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented developers in various mixed-use projects including regarding financing, zoning and development work.
- Represented knowledge-based companies looking to locate in the United States, including structuring affiliates and negotiating incentive packages.
- Represented property owners of office, retail and other numerous commercial in tax appeals involving some of the largest properties in South Carolina.
- Represented corporate real estate owners and users in managing, acquiring and selling real estate, hotels and other assets.
- Represented entrepreneurs in structuring knowledge-based companies.
- Represented lenders in complex foreclosures and workouts.
- Counseled American manufacturers and knowledge-based companies looking to do business overseas.