Michael is a seasoned business litigator and a trusted advisor who counsels business clients on strategy, risk evaluation and cost management for regulatory and litigation matters. His practice includes advising senior level executives and general counsel on complex business litigation, consumer product regulation, mass tort and class action litigation.
Michael regularly advises clients on regulatory matters involving the Consumer Products Safety Commission, Environmental Protection Agency, Food and Drug Administration, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other agencies. He also deals with supply chain compliance and reporting issues.
An experienced toxic tort litigator, Michael has been lead counsel for clients in various industries facing product liability as well as asbestos, formaldehyde, lead and benzene litigation matters. He understands how to analyze technical and scientific issues as part of determining a successful trial strategy.
Most importantly, Michael creates solutions for his clients, whether by fighting lawsuits or by building the best team to deal with regulatory issues. He has worked extensively in the automotive, aerospace, furniture, consumer products, medical products, and wholesale distribution and supply chain industries.
Michael keeps current on legal issues affecting his clients through membership in ASTM, F15.42 Committee, Defense Research Institute, International Association of Defense Counsel and Georgia Automotive Manufacturers Association.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented an international automotive company as National Coordinating Counsel in mass tort asbestos litigation, supervising law firms across the country, preparing and enforcing billing and cost control guidelines, and managing bet-the-company risk issues.
- Represented several domestic and international automotive component part suppliers as lead counsel in product liability matters.
- Represented international aerospace component part manufacturer in trade secret litigation regarding commercial airline production.
- Represented a pharmaceutical industry supplier in antitrust, tortious interference and unfair trade litigation affecting businesses in both Europe and the United States.
- Represented an international furniture manufacturer with manufacturing operations in Southeast Asia on product recall, Consumer Product Safety Commission and litigation risk issues.