Martin heads up our real estate practice in our London office.
He has extensive experience in development and regeneration projects, particularly in relation to town centre and retail led schemes and large scale mixed use schemes, acting for local authorities, developers and investors. He is particularly skilled at leading multi-disciplinary teams on these large projects ensuring that they are delivered cost efficiently and in accordance with programme.
His experience covers the drafting and negotiation of complex development agreements, rent sharing/equity/building leases, development agreements for lease, building contracts, development management agreements and related warranties and construction documentation. He also advises on JV vehicles/structures and all related aspects of EU procurement, vires, and governance generally.
Martin also has extensive experience of investment and asset management work acting for both investors/funds/landlords and corporate occupiers. That work has encompassed shopping centres, major City/West End office buildings, office/business parks, industrial estates and mixed use town centre buildings nationally.
Martin also has extensive experience in dealing with the real estate aspects of telecommunications companies having acted for major telecommunications companies in the UK particularly mobile telecoms operators and has been involved in some of the largest rollouts and property outsourcings in the UK.
- Oxford City Council on all aspects of their £500m redevelopment of Westgate Shopping Centre in Oxford alongside Land Securities and Crown Estate
- Lewisham Council on a £1 billion mixed use redevelopment at Surrey Canal SE London
- Lewisham Council on a £80m mixed use redevelopment/regeneration project in Deptford, SE London alongside the newly constructed Deptford railway station
- 3i plc on the acquisition of their national headquarters building in Victoria London from Land Securities
- Oxford City Council-£50m redevelopment of Gloucester Green (leisure/retail/residential).
"'[The firm]’s London real estate practice operates as part of a large national offering, with areas of focus including major mixed-use development/ regeneration schemes, particularly acting for local authorities. Martin Stacey is recommended."