Jonathan Reid Reich is a commercial litigator with a broad range of experience. He has represented clients in all stages of litigation. He was counsel of record in two cases which were recognized among the most important insurance cases in North Carolina in 2014. He is the editor/co-author of Womble Bond Dickinson’s North Carolina Insurance Desk Reference e-book and a co-founder and co-author of All Risks Covered, Womble’s blog regarding developments in corporate insurance, primarily in the Carolinas.
Jonathan's diverse litigation practice ranges from complex commercial and business litigation involving fraud and unfair business practices to defending products liability, wrongful death, and catastrophic personal injury cases. He defends class actions in state and federal court, and represents clients in North Carolina Business Court. Jonathan also represents financial planners and registered investment advisors in FINRA arbitrations.
A significant amount of Jonathan’s practice is devoted to insurance coverage and bad faith, insurance procurement and subrogation matters. Jonathan assists companies with insurance regulatory issues before the North Carolina Department of Insurance. He has been quoted, interviewed or cited by North Carolina Lawyer’s Weekly, Insurance Business America, Insurance Journal, Self-Insurer (the magazine of the Self Insurance Institute of America) and The D&O Diary.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Representing London-market insurer in multi-million dollar litigation involving international expatriate medical insurance policy.
- Representing technology and science companies in disputes with insurers.
- Insurance fraud investigations and litigation on behalf of insurance companies.
- North Carolina counsel for one of the largest insurance brokers in all significant errors and omissions claims.
- Representation of firearms company in accidental discharge wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury and products liability litigation.