Jamie Stone counsels clients in sophisticated corporate transactions, including negotiation of commercial contracts, structuring and governance of corporate entities, and in merger and acquisition activities.
Jamie’s practice has a specific focus on supply chain matters, in which Jamie addresses legal and business concerns beginning with product development, all the way through production, supply and product support. Jamie also practices in the field of art law, advising industry clients in all aspects of their businesses, including handling or coordinating with other firm attorneys to draft contracts, protect intellectual property rights, preserve tax advantages and resolve disputes.
In all areas of her practice, Jamie focuses on her client’s business goals and identifies solutions to most effectively and efficiently support those goals.
- Filing and Litigating a Hague Convention Child Abduction Civil Case in Federal Court (co-author with Jennifer Lyday), The Middle Ground, Federal Bar Association’s Middle District of North Carolina Chapter (Oct. 2015)
- Are Domain Names and Telephone Numbers Property of the Estate?, Disclosure Statement, North Carolina Bar Association Bankruptcy Section (Spring 2015)
- The Orderly Liquidation Authority: The Creditor’s Perspective, 15 N.C. Banking INST. J. 259 (2011)
- Board Member, Human Resource Management Association Greensboro Chapter (HRMAG), 2016-present
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Greensboro Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Counsels a multi-generational family food/beverage company in corporate governance, contract negotiations and M&A matters.
- Advised a building materials manufacturer on the acquisition of a new line of business and the expansion of an existing line of business.
- Represented the lender in a number of international project finance projects, including subsidized housing in Honduras, health clinics in sub-Saharan Africa and a fishery in Vietnam.
- Advises a physician practice regarding physician buy ins and buy outs, internal policies and contract negotiations.