Hillary is an associate in the Business Litigation Practice Group and the Consumer Finance Litigation Team in Womble’s Baltimore office. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on antitrust litigation, contract disputes, and financial services litigation. She regularly represents clients in breach of contract and business tort claims, and she has argued before the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Hillary is also building a strong reputation as a trusted adviser to corporate leadership. She is involved in each phase of litigation, from pre-trial investigations through the appeals process, in both state and federal court.
- Co-Author, New Rule Governing Retirement Advice Shakes Up Traditional Broker Compensation, THE DAILY RECORD, April 7, 2016.
- Implementing Article 32 on the Convention on the Rights of the Child as a Domestic Statute Protecting Children from Abusive Labor Practices, 44 CASE WES. J. INT'L L. 921 (2012).
Civic and Professional Activities
- Junior League of Baltimore
- Paul’s Place 5K Planning Committee
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended a major insurance carrier in a breach of contract action resulting in summary judgment.
- Represented an investment management firm in matters before FINRA and related litigation in the Third Circuit.
- Defended a Maryland-based limited liability company against allegations of breach of contract, misrepresentation, and fraud in the District of Maryland.
- Represented a manufacturer in a monopolization and trade secret misappropriation action.