Hillary is an associate in the Business Litigation Practice Group in the firm’s Baltimore office and a member of the firm’s Wealth Management team. She focuses her practice on defending clients in commercial litigation matters, with an emphasis in breach of contract and business tort actions. She regularly represents clients in the healthcare, retail and consumer, and wealth management industries in Maryland’s state and federal courts and at alternative dispute resolution proceedings. She is involved in each phase of litigation, including assisting with internal corporate investigations, managing complex discovery disputes, and drafting and arguing appellate briefs.
The cornerstones of Hillary’s practice are her outstanding client advocacy and her ability to serve as a trusted adviser to corporate leadership. Hillary was recently named to the Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars in Maryland for 2020. She is also actively involved in the community and has served on the Board of Directors of the Junior League of Baltimore.
- Co-Author, New Rule Governing Retirement Advice Shakes Up Traditional Broker Compensation, THE DAILY RECORD, April 7, 2016.
- Implementing Article 32 on the Convention on the Rights of the Child as a Domestic Statute Protecting Children from Abusive Labor Practices, 44 CASE WES. J. INT'L L. 921 (2012).
Civic and Professional Activities
- Junior League of Baltimore
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
Honors and Awards
Selected to the Maryland Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Business Litigation, 2020 – 2021
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended a national insurance carrier in a breach of contract action resulting in summary judgment and which was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented an investment management firm in matters before FINRA and related litigation in the Third Circuit resulting in favorable settlement.
- Defended a Maryland-based limited liability company against allegations of breach of contract, misrepresentation, and fraud in the District of Maryland resulting in dismissal.
- Represented a manufacturer in a monopolization and trade secret misappropriation action resulting in summary judgment.