Hillary is a member of the firm’s Wealth Management team. She focuses her practice on defending clients in complex business disputes. Her specific experience includes litigating cases of consumer fraud, product liability, breach of contract, class actions, business tort, and employment disputes. She regularly represents clients in the financial services, healthcare, retail and consumer industries in Maryland’s state and federal courts and at alternative dispute resolution proceedings. Hillary has handled matters for an international financial services institution involving questioned transactions on accounts through appeal, including successful defense of breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Co-Author, New Rule Governing Retirement Advice Shakes Up Traditional Broker Compensation, THE DAILY RECORD, April 7, 2016.
- Implementing Article 32 on the Convention on the Rights of the Child as a Domestic Statute Protecting Children from Abusive Labor Practices, 44 CASE WES. J. INT'L L. 921 (2012).
Civic and Professional Activities
- Junior League of Baltimore
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America (BL Rankings), Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Selected to the Maryland Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) in Business Litigation, 2020 – 2021
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended an investment management firm in a breach of contract and fiduciary action in the Seventh Circuit resulting in dismissal and affirmed on appeal.
- Defended a national insurance carrier in a breach of contract action resulting in summary judgment and affirmed on appeal.
- Represented an investment management firm in matters before FINRA and related litigation in the Third Circuit resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented a manufacturer in a tort matter resulting in favorable settlement prior to commencement of litigation.
- Represented a manufacturer in a monopolization and trade secret misappropriation action resulting in summary judgment and which was affirmed on appeal.