Relationship driven and business focused, Elizabeth manages risks that derail financings. Elizabeth has built a national reputation over her 30 year transactions career by guiding large international and domestic banks, life insurance companies and other financial institutions through all portions of the life cycle of complex secured lending transactions.
As a partner in the firm’s Financial Institutions, Insurance and Real Estate Sectors, Elizabeth works with institutional lenders in connection with their equity investments in real estate and in all aspects of secured lending, including construction and permanent financing, mezzanine financing, real estate loan syndications and loan participations. A significant portion of her practice involves transactions secured by commercial real estate of diverse project types, including mixed use, retail, commercial/office, multi-family, hotel/hospitality, and healthcare.
Elizabeth is also sought after in connection with real property secured loan restructuring, workout, foreclosure and REO disposition, and she has experience with Sharia compliant portfolio loan transactions. Elizabeth is recognized widely as a leader in the commercial real estate bar. She currently serves as Chair of the ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and is a Fellow and Regent in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys.
- Fellow and Regent, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Chair-Elect, 2016-2017
- Real Property Division Vice-Chair, 2015-2016
- Secretary, 2014-2015
- Co-Chair, Standing Committee on CLE, 2010-2014
- Board of Governors, Mortgage Bankers Association of Metropolitan Washington, 2004-2006. 2006 Recipient of Association’s MVP Award
- Chair, Mortgage Lending Committee, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, American Bar Association, 2002-2005; Vice-Chair, 1998-2002
- Member, Income Property Committee, Mortgage Bankers Association of Metropolitan Washington, 1999 to present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a construction loan facility for an office building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Represented a national life insurance company in connection with construction/permanent loan facility for a mixed- use apartment/commercial project in Washington, DC.
- Represented a national life insurance company in connection with a permanent loan for a portfolio of multi-building, multi-tenant office projects in Maryland
- Represented the lead lender and syndication agent in connection with a construction loan facility for a mixed-used residential/retail/condominium project partially ground leased from the Government of the District of Columbia.
- Represented the lead lender and syndication agent in connection with the restructuring of a loan facility for a hotel/office project in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented a national life insurance company as a joint venture partner in connection with the sale of a commercial real estate project in the District of Columbia.
- Represented a national life insurance company in connection with a permanent loan for a multi-tenant, GSA-Leased office project in Virginia.