Bryant Caldwell is a business litigation attorney in Womble Bond Dickinson’s Columbia office. Bryant represents financial-services providers, large and small businesses, and government agencies in litigated matters before state and federal courts, as well as matters before the South Carolina Court of Appeals. Bryant also assists clients with state regulatory filings and agreements related to energy projects. Additionally, Bryant has facilitated social media brand sponsorship deals for influencers, a few of which include ABC’s The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise reality tv stars Jordan Kimball and Nick Spetsas.
Prior to joining the firm, Caldwell served as a law clerk to Chief Justice Donald W. Beatty of the South Carolina Supreme Court, and he also clerked for the South Carolina Senate Judiciary and for South Carolina Senator Gerald Malloy. As a result, his clerking experience paved the way for him to work alongside the highest government officials and cover a myriad of complex legal issues including, but not limited to, constitutional law, business law, and tort law.
Bryant enjoys traveling throughout the country to visit family and friends. In addition to his travels, Bryant is a self-proclaimed doughnut connoisseur, juggles, reads about cryptocurrency, appeared in the Season 2 finale of Stephen King’s “Mr. Mercedes,” and has been skydiving.
Professional and Civic Activities
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Black Lawyers Association
- Participant, Riley Diversity Leadership Institute of Furman University
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America’s Ones to Watch (BL Rankings), Commercial Litigation, 2021
Prior Legal Experience
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Donald W. Beatty, Chief Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court, 2017 – 2019
- Staff Attorney, South Carolina Supreme Court, 2016
- Law Clerk to the Honorable D. Craig Brown, 2015 – 2016
- Law Clerk, Mickle and Bass LLC, 2014
- Law Clerk, South Carolina Senate Judiciary, 2013 – 2015
- Law Clerk, Malloy Law Firm, 2012 – 2013